Chat-room!!!!!!!

Live Blog Chat-room 2
 

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fresh from EWI

Are These 4 Emotional Pitfalls Sabotaging Your Trading?

August 13, 2009
By Jeffrey Kennedy

The following is an excerpt from Jeffrey Kennedy’s Trader’s Classroom Collection. Now through August 17, Elliott Wave International is offering a special 45-page Best Of Trader’s Classroom eBook, free.

To be a consistently successful trader, the most important trait to learn is emotional discipline. I discovered this the hard way trading full-time a few years ago. I remember one day in particular. My analysis told me the NASDAQ was going to start a sizable third wave rally between 10:00-10:30 the next day... and it did. When I reviewed my trade log later, I saw that several of my positions were profitable, yet I exited each of them at a loss. My analysis was perfect. It was like having tomorrow’s newspaper today. Unfortunately, I wanted to hit a home run, so I ignored singles and doubles. I now call this emotional pitfall the “Lottery Syndrome.” People buy lottery tickets to win.

To read more Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment